Biotoxic and Mold Illness
Mold illness is a rising epidemic and not a new problem.
Diagnosing mold illness can be complicated because each type of mold can affect multiple organ systems, and cause multiple symptoms which are usually transient, they come and go. Mold illness closely resembles symptoms of chronic fatigue and fibromyalgia, therefore you could have a high potential of being misdiagnosed.
Mold illness is very rarely a self-healing illness. Mold acts like a magnetic to the cells and eventually get dumped into the liver. Unfortunately your liver can not metabolize toxic mold spores. Because of this, people with mold illness usually have liver problems. Some of the mold illnesses can come up normal on blood tests so it is crucial to receive proper testing to rule in or rule out toxic mold illness.
Part of our initial testing includes a very accurate and non-invasive neurological test, called the visual contrast sensitivity test, which determines deficiency of neurological function due to mold toxicity. In addition, blood tests such as MSH, C3a, C4a, and Leptin may be ordered after patient evaluation.